This comprehensive course provides delegates with the knowledge and skills required for the safe use of abrasive wheels. On completion of this course, participants will have sufficient knowledge of abrasive wheel safety procedures.
Duration: Half Day
- Statutory requirements, HSW Act 1974, PUWER 1998, The Supply of Machinery (safety) (Amendment) Regulations 1994 and the PPE 1992
- Types of abrasive wheels
- Methods of marking, type, speed etc.
- British standard marking system
- Hazards and precautions to be taken
- Storage, handling and transporting
- Inspection of abrasive wheels
- Functions of abrasive wheels machines components
- Mounting of abrasive wheels
- Dressing of abrasive wheels
Send us a course enquiry!